With a hopeful look forward, and a goal – supported by the Council leadership – to be able to hold in-person events this coming year, it is once again time to ask you to pay your 2021 dues to remain active in the Order of the Arrow. Your lodge officers have a great year planned, including fellowships, Induction weekends (Ordeals), and service projects, and want to ensure you’re able to join us.
For 2021, we are again offering two ways to participate in the Lodge:
- Paying your dues as usual. 2021 dues will be $25, matching the 2020 rate. Each Lodge event attended will be a nominal charge, similar to 2019 and previous years. This lets you spread your payments over the year, and pay as you go.
- Paying for an annual pass, our “Grizzly Dues” option (in honor of our grizzly bear lodge totem). Under this option, you will pay a one-time upfront cost, and then any lodge-run events you attend in the coming year (Ordeals, annual banquet, fellowships, etc.) will be at no additional cost. [This dues option does require that you register for events on-time, so that we don’t have excess costs and can plan appropriately, but your registration fee will be $0.] Grizzly Dues will be $130 for general members, or $145 if you plan to convert your membership to Brotherhood in 2021 (to help pay for the new sash).
If you paid Grizzly Dues in 2020, the Lodge Executive Committee (LEC) has decided that your annual pass will move forward into 2021 as long as you pay the standard $25 dues. We have the list of current Grizzly Dues members and this conversion will happen automatically. We also understand, based on 2020, that some of you may be hesitant to purchase an annual dues pass at this time. The LEC has also considered this, and will offer a one-time dues conversion to the annual pass when we hold our first in-person event of the year, to reduce your risk. So if you are on the fence, you can choose the regular dues for now, and know that you will have the option later.
2020 taught us to not plan too far ahead, but at this time these dates are our currently planned events:
- Spring Induction (Ordeal) weekend May 21-23.
- Fellowship – early July (date TBD)
- Summer Induction (Ordeal) weekend August 20-22.
- Section Conclave TBD (typically late September)
- Lodge Leadership Development (LLD) Training & Banquet November 13 (may move to Nov 20)
In addition, additional events are in the works, including the possibility of a third Induction weekend.
As usual, the first members to pay dues will get our 2021 dues patch, and we will be offering that patch and a special Grizzly patch for those who choose the Grizzly Dues (that is, you’ll receive two patches.)
To pay dues, go to the following link:
As usual, you may buy one (1) extra 2021 dues patch if dues are paid by 1/31/21. Additional Grizzly Dues patches are NOT available for purchase at this time.
Alternately you can download this document and turn it in to your local Los Padres Council office.
Chumash Lodge 90